MINSK BUSINESS MEETINGS – THE CIS MEMBER STATES INTERNATIONAL BANKING AND FINANCE FORUM
The Minsk Business Meetings International Banking and Finance Forum of the CIS member countries was conducted in Minsk from 4 to 7 November 2015.
The Forum was organised by the CIS Financial and Banking Council, jointly with JSC Savings Bank “Belarusbank”, the CIS Executive Committee, OJSC VTB Bank, and the Association of Belarusian Banks. In general, the Forum addressed topical issues of financial markets in the Commonwealth countries in the context of the world economic.
Mr Oleg Вerezovoy, General Director of the FBA CS, participated in the work of the forum.
Active debating at the sessions and specific round-table discussions focused on the issues current today, such as:
- The part that international financial institutions are playing in overcoming recessionary economic trends in the CIS;
- New framework for investment interaction (EAEU/BRICS/SCO) acting as extra opportunities for financial an economic cooperation;
- Banking system of the Republic of Belarus and its prospects for renewed economic dialog within the framework of the CIS/EAEU – European Union;
- Sovereign and corporate risk-reducing tools in the context of new economic realities;
- National development corporations as basic components of stabilising the CIS financial markets and attracting investment;
- New banking technologies and products being an important step towards raising the financial sector efficiency of the Commonwealth countries;
- Coordinating anti-crisis measures at the level of financial regulators of the CIS states being an important factor of reviving sustainable economic growth.
This post is also available in Russian: «Минские встречи» — Международный финансово-банковский форум государств — участников СНГ