The 25th St. Petersburg International Economic Forum was held
The 25th St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF-2022) took place from June 15 to 18. The main theme of SPIEF-2022 was "New World – new opportunities".
SPIEF is an important event in the world of economics and business, which has been held since 1997. Over the past time, the Forum has become the world's leading platform for communication between representatives of the business community and discussion of key economic issues.
This year, representatives of more than 140 countries attended the forum and territories, agreements totaling more than 5.6 trillion rubles were concluded.
The main business program of the Forum included four thematic areas:
• "The New Economic Order: Responding to the challenges of the time";
• "The Economy of Russia: new challenges and horizons";
• "Investment in development – investment in a person";
• "Modern technologies for humanity: creating a responsible future".
Within the framework of SPIEF-2022, business dialogues were held: Russia - Africa, Russia – Middle East, Russia – Egypt, Russia – India, Russia – Iran, Russia – Kazakhstan, Russia–China, Russia – Latin America, EAEU – ASEAN.
Special events were held on the sidelines of the Forum:
- Regional Consultative Forum of the "Business Twenty" (B20);
- VII Russian Forum of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME Forum);
- Russian Pharmaceutical Forum "Drug Safety";
- Creative Business Forum;
- Forum "Arctic – the territory of dialogue";
- International Youth Economic Forum;
- Forum "SPIEF Junior";
- The "Sustainable Future" platform;
- Sber business breakfast and IT breakfast.
Oleg Preksin, Member of the Board of the FBA EAC, Chairman of the International Banking Committee of the FBA EAC, took part in the work of SPIEF-2022 on behalf of the Association.
Mr. Preksin participated in specialized events on the line of the B20, APEC and BRICS, as well as in most meetings on financial and banking topics. Oleg Preksin made a report on the topic "Transport highways in the new geopolitical reality" at the XII International Conference "Trilogy" (Transport. Investment. Logistics).